Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"Into the unknown", Panic at the Disco!

 
Inspiration and guidance come from the most random of sources and if you aren’t paying attention the vent is most likely going to close before you realize it. After a reluctant family movie night where we indulge in watching Frozen II, the rendition of Into the unknown by Panic at the Disco! stays with me through the night. I do sense I need to make a trip to the ethereal realms of the moon and I’ve no idea why, but hey, I am going to sleep anyway so I may as well visit the moon. I am awake the following morning, hunger pangs gnaw away until that particular beast is sated. I am overcome with an almost fiendish desire to science. I can’t quite place why the need has come with such intensity on a Sunday morning.

My significant other is talking about rings that need to be resized, I am un-amused. This is not very important to me right now, there is a unicorn on the fringes of my consciousness and I must see it with my own eyes. I do read a few pages on various sites offering tutorials for what I am looking for. None of them has the answer to the question that is riding me like a thoroughbred horse. I am deathly afraid of math, calculations of any sort make me break out in hives. (@switchcraftmonkey if you are reading this, know that you are part of the reason why I am learning to not be afraid of the math, thank you 💖) I hear the unicorn tell me not to be afraid, I know how to do it. There is no time to engage in my usual luxury of self doubt, I pick up a pen and start doing basic math. I think I have a working formula, can it be? There is only one way to find out and I must proceed to my makeshift lab. Gloves on, beakers, scales and pipettes at the ready, mad domestic scientist on the loose. Eureka!! The mountain has been conquered after a month of diligent scaling with rest days in between.  

Where do we go when we sleep? What treasures are there for you? Do you know how to access them? So many song references but there is spirituality in everything if you pay attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment